[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 14

Milton Garb
Fri Sep 14 12:39:58 PDT 2012

Mitch,
That's an unusual "opportunity".
I've used the cheaper cables from eBay on different radio's with CHIRP and
had no problems,
HOWEVER: When I program my UV-5R, none of them work at all, except a DB9
cable that came with my Kenwood TK-3170 commercial radio.
Nothing special here. WinXP Pro, SP3 etc. on my $100 swap meet cheapie Dell
laptop. I use the laptop for Field Day, programming radio's and 'dats it.
Milton
N6MG