[chirp_users] How to add radios? (was Re: Quansheng TG UV2 ?)

Tom Hayward
Thu Sep 6 13:24:55 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM, shawn <shawn at busymarvin.net> wrote:
> How does one go about adding a radio/model to Chirp? I have some older
> Icom handhelds so that I don't have to keep the older legacy DOS
> software running.

Start here: http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Developers

Take the part about joining #chirp on Freenode seriously... we'll help
you out there, in realtime!

You can peruse the code
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/show/chirp to see
what the drivers for other Icoms look like. If you're a competent
programmer, adding a new radio driver really isn't too complicated.
All the complicated stuff like GUI, import, export, etc., is already
done and works for every radio.

Tom KD7LXL