[chirp_users] Tone vs Tone Sql & DTCS Code vs DTCS Rx Code

Scott Currie
Mon Oct 22 21:59:55 PDT 2012

Tone being on indicates your transmitter will encode a continuous tone
to signal the remote receiver or repeater. Tone Squelch being on
indicates your receiver requires reception of the correct tone before it
will unsquelch the speaker.

Same thing for DCS Code and DCS RX Code, only a continuous digital
sequence is being sent instead of a continuous tone.

-Scott, NS7C