[chirp_users] Bug report: FT-857 & FT-857D memories uploaded with IPO & ATT bits set

Marco IZ3GME
Sat Oct 13 03:09:23 PDT 2012

Hi Richard

> Upon upload of memories, many memories (but not all) have the IPO and
> ATT conditions set even on broadcast FM band, aircraft band, 144 &
> 450MHz.

Please file a bug with detail to reproduce the problem and an image file
on http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/issues/new I'll take care
of this next monday.

> From the front panel, neither of these bits are allowed on 144 or
> 450MHz. Since the IPO button is disabled above 6m, the IPO cannot be
> turned off, so presumably the ATT is also set as it is for 6m and
> below.
>
> For 6m and down, either the IPO or the ATT bit is allowed but not both.

You are right, this is the way ft857 and 897 work.
During development I discovered that setting those bits in invalid
combination is safe, I mean it does not brick the radio in any way,
maybe they are ignored but they are harmless. This is why I decided not
to limit user actions here.
If you have indication of any harmful effect please let me know.

Tnx
73 de IZ3GME Marco