[chirp_users] Firmware UV-5R

Ed Figueroa
Fri Oct 12 12:24:33 PDT 2012

John-

Thank you for the update on the firmware, (MCU OTP(Microcontroller
Unit, One Time Program only) .  This explains the issue now well.   I
guess we cannot do anything about this.    My problem with version 251
is it will not hold VFOs and bounce back and forth even when radio is
in the lock mode.    You may TX one minute on VFO A and next time TX
on VFO B, wrong freq.  This can be very embarrassing.   Version 291
does not experience this problem.    I sent you another PVT e-mail on
this matter.
Thanks
73's
Ed - KB4VWA