[chirp_users] UV-5R Firmware Upgrade Capabilities

John LaMartina
Fri Oct 12 12:03:26 PDT 2012

I just realized, my firmware question was probably Off Topic.
Do you belong to the Yahoo Group for UV5R?
John    K3NXU

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Ed Figueroa
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 8:45 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] UV-5R Firmware Upgrade Capabilities

John-

I am confused, you say that there are no upgrades for  the UV-5R
firmware, but I have asked this before and someone said they're
working on it.   We need to be able to upgrade the Ver. 251 that is
very buggy to Version 291.    I'm uncertain if this group will be able
to do this, or not.     I was just seeking clarification, from the
group.    I am seeking this ability to flash the firmware to 291
through other sources if possible too.   I have too many friends with
the old version of 251 that need to upgrade.

Thanks

73's

Ed