[chirp_users] Offset Column Is Deleted UV-5R

Dan Smith
Mon Oct 1 17:51:54 PDT 2012

> My home computer is using CHIRP daily-20120701 and my computer at
> work is using CHIRP daily-20120919. I keep all my .img files in a
> dropbox folder. Every file I open at work has zero's in the offset
> column. The offet is not populating from a know working file made at
> home.
>
> It appears the newer version is not backward compatible with the
> older one?

No, that's not the case. However, the two versions you're using likely
have a lot of different code between them. If the later one is really
the one misbehaving, then perhaps a regression has been introduced.

Please follow these instructions to file a bug on the website, and
include debug logs and .img files so that I can take a look.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues

Thanks!