[chirp_users] Kenwood F6A / D72A

Tom Hayward
Fri Nov 16 12:05:54 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Eric Shattow <lucent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Kenwood TH-F6A and TH-D72A. Is group memory naming possible in
> CHIRP? There are also some missing D72A menu settings, like uploading
> a boot or gps-only picture. I am able to capture serial messages from
> official programming software as needed. Is there any programmer
> interest to write the Kenwood vendor-specific support in CHIRP?

Adding the extra settings for the D72 has been on my to-do list for
many months. I've got the radio, so that's not what's stopping me. I
might have more motivation to complete the feature if I had a use for
it. I've never felt the need to upload a custom boot picture, and I
don't even know how to recall the memory group names on the radio.

Tom KD7LXL