[chirp_users] TS-2000

Tom Wilson
Mon May 14 09:28:54 PDT 2012

Thanks, Dan. I've signed up for the dev list, and I'll ask my noob dev
questions over there.

I'm pretty impressed with your site. Is your site based on an existing
content management system? If so, what you've got is exactly what I want to
set up for my own personal projects. (My big one right now is a fully
featured terminal program for talking to TNC's, dial modems, and Telnet
servers.)

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> > Not long after I got this radio, I discovered Chirp, but I'm kind of
> > surprised the TS-2000 isn't in Chirp's list of supported radios.
>
> Really? This is an all-volunteer effort, so radios get added to CHIRP as
> people volunteer to loan their radios to a developer, or we come across
> a developer with a particular radio :)
>
> > While I'm an experienced programmer, I don't know Python at all.
> > However, programming the TS2K is pretty similar to other Kenwood radios
> > - and the TM-V71 is already in the list.
> >
> > If anyone can give me any tips on how to create a new data module based
> > on the V71, I'd love to help expand the range of what Chirp can do.
>
> We have indoctrinated several folks successfully. Jump over to the
> chirp-devel list and we'll get you started. If the TS-2000 is like all
> the other Kenwood radios, adding support is as simple as creating a
> subclass, defining a few attributes and doing some testing.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Dan Smith
> www.danplanet.com