[chirp_users] TS-2000

Tom Wilson
Mon May 14 09:11:16 PDT 2012

Hi, all.

I'm wondering if there's been any work on Chirp for the Kenwood TS-2000
radio. I picked one up recently, and due to the general lack of decent
software, I had a hard time getting it programmed the way I like it. I
finally resorted to writing a VB program to import a CSV file from the HMK
format output by my TM-V71 programming software.

Not long after I got this radio, I discovered Chirp, but I'm kind of
surprised the TS-2000 isn't in Chirp's list of supported radios. On the
bright side, my TM-V71 and my KG-UV3D are on the list, so if I can get the
TS2K up and running, I could manage almost all of my radios from one
program. (I also use an ICom IC-R6 receiver for t-hunting and general
coverage monitoring.)

Does anyone else using this software also use a TS-2000? I'm wondering how
much interest there might be in adding a module to program my radio. While
I'm an experienced programmer, I don't know Python at all. However,
programming the TS2K is pretty similar to other Kenwood radios - and the
TM-V71 is already in the list.

If anyone can give me any tips on how to create a new data module based on
the V71, I'd love to help expand the range of what Chirp can do.

Thanks
-Tom
--
Tom Wilson