[chirp_users] Total Confusion

Geoffrey K. Phillips
Thu May 3 21:31:52 PDT 2012

I have just started using Chirp with my brand new Baufeng radio.

I am using a TYT usb cable with a suitable adapter routine, which sets up
COM4.

Communication with the radio seems fine. I can upload and download.

However, I am having a terrible time trying to get a list input to Chirp.

I have tried importing .tpe files, and get errors relating to difficulty with some
floating point numbers.

I have tried with .csv files made with excel and get errors saying there are no
channels.

I have even made changes to the data in an .img file (XML), and get told it's
an invalid format.

Also I am not sure that I really understand what all the columns are in the
main display.

Please what am I doing wrong?

I would love to know.

And is there any documentation available? I sure can't find any.

Thank you for your help.

Geoffrey.

Geofrey K. Phillips
gphillips13 at centurylink.net