[chirp_users] 857D problem

Joseph Skoler
Sun Mar 25 06:56:36 PDT 2012

Further investigation revealed that the CTCSS tone in the chirp program is set correctly, but when I upload the memories to the rig, the rig has the PL tone set to "VHF-"

What does that mean and how do I correct it?

________________________________
 From: Joseph Skoler <jrskoler at yahoo.com>
To: "chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:51 AM
Subject: [chirp_users] 857D problem

Hi,

I just installed Chirp to program my new 857D.  The interface/cable is working fine -- able to download/upload memories to/from the radio.

My problem is that none of the UHF/VHF memories work on the rig if they're programmed using Chirp.

That is, they're in memory and I can receive on them just fine.  But, transmitting does not appear to work -- cannot key up the repeaters.

I have quadruple checked the offset direction/amount as well as the PL.

The 10 meter memory entries work fine.

I have an SWR meter on the HF antenna port and it moves a tiny amount when I'm transmitting on a memory channel programmed to a VHF or UHF frequency, as if it's putting the signal out the HF port.

When I program the memories manually everything works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

thank you,

Joseph, kc2yu