[chirp_users] can't upload to 2820

Brian Mury
Thu Mar 15 13:04:18 PDT 2012

On 3/15/2012 12:50 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
> Or just the windows chirp build would be helpful, yeah.

Ok, I'll give that a try (I might try the Linux build on the laptop too
just for fun).

> Hmm, well, looking back at your mail, I'm not sure it's going to matter.
> You said that it was failing with 0.1.12 too, right?

Correct. I went looking for a newer version specifically because it
wasn't working.

> When did it last work for you?

No idea. Like I said, I haven't had a need to do any reprogramming for a
while. I can check the timestamp on the image I was using, that should
give me an idea, but I can't guarantee I haven't done something to touch
it at some point (there's a  good chance it may have been touched when
installing a new Fedora release).

> I've blasted about twenty images into my
> 2820 today trying to find any sort of issue, but I got nothing.

Ah... bugs that you can't reproduce are no fun to chase. I write code
for a living, I know what that's like. I'm happy to do as much debugging
as I can if you're willing to do a bit of hand-holding along the way (I
don't know Python, and am not terribly experienced with Linux
development tools).

 > The
 > chirp error indicating that the radio didn't ack the last block is
 > harmless, by the way.

The error might be harmless, but the radio hanging sure isn't! ;-) I end
up with factory settings (including no programmed memories) when I power
cycle it (the only way to recover).

Thanks for the help, I'll pass on my findings this evening.

Brian