[chirp_users] can't upload to 2820

Brian Mury
Thu Mar 15 12:42:12 PDT 2012

On 3/15/2012 6:49 AM, Dan Smith wrote:
> When you used the laptop, was CS-2820 configured for high-speed cloning?

I didn't know there was a configuration option for that! It seemed slow
compared to the CHIRP high speed cloning (more like the slow speed
cloning before I updated from CHIRP 1.2). I didn't pay that much
attention to the speed, so I could be wrong - I'll check tonight when I
get home from work.

> Even still, I wonder if maybe it's older and slower enough that your
> regular (presumably fast) machine is going *too* fast in hi-speed mode...

The Windows laptop is old and slow, the Linux desktop is very fast, so
that's quite possible. I was seeing the same thing with 1.2, which
seemed to be not be using high speed cloning. Not sure if that's a
useful data point for you.

Oh - I do have a Ubuntu partition on the laptop that I could test with
if that would be helpful.

> You could try this to see if it helps:
>
> diff -r 8229eb1649d8 chirp/ic2820.py

Thanks, I'll try that also when I get home (as well as Mike's daily
build suggestion - thanks Mike).

Brian