[chirp_users] FT-2800 and Kawamall cable

Jack Generaux
Thu Mar 8 15:46:01 PST 2012

I have been attempting to use Chirp (both W7 and Ubuntu platforms) and am unable to achieve any transfer.  I open Chirp and the download menu, set Com1, Yaesu, and 2800 >> then set the 2800 by pressing the 3 clone buttons >>   when I press the MHz button, the 2800 responds with "error"  Trying to engage  Chirp first results in s "no header" error.  I know the com1 port is working as I use it regularly for other programs and I have used the cable and the trial version of g4hfq prog.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
73, Jack (W0FNQ)