[chirp_users] VX5 trouble

Tom Hayward
Wed Mar 7 08:25:54 PST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 09:21, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:
>> I just bought a FTDX-5000D and am playing with it exclusivly so I have
>> not checked the VX-5. If you want I can send it (the VX-5 not the
>> FTDX-5000) to you for your perusal.
>
> Thanks, but in talking with Tom offline in the last couple of hours, I
> think he has made progress and will have a fix for us before too long.

Just a little follow-up for the list: I've determined the factory
reset and CLONE ERRORs were due to a bad cable/connection (as Dan has
mentioned in the past, this Yaesu 4-pin connector can be flaky). I
still have not figured out why the half-deviation memories don't show
up on the radio, but I plan to investigate that as soon as I get
cloning to and from my VX5 working again. No need to worry about
resetting your radio, as long as you have a good cable :)

Tom KD7LXL