[chirp_users] Chirp Mint 13 w/cinnamon Yaesu FT-8800

Creede Lambard
Sun Jun 17 13:45:55 PDT 2012

Rather than setting the permissions on /dev/ttyS0 to 0777 you should
add yourself to the group that owns the device. On my Ubuntu box that's
the "dialout" group; Mint might be similar.

73, Creede WA7KPK

From: Hawkins
Sent: 6/17/2012 12:58 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Chirp Mint 13 w/cinnamon Yaesu FT-8800
Gang,

Installed Chirp.  I am using a cable that I got from some Windows
software that I used to program the FT-8800.  It works fine with that
software.  I just don't use W for much and would like to do away with it
all together.

When I put the 8800 in clone mode and clicked OK on chirp, I got an
error from Chirp saying that it did not have permission to use /dev/ttyS0.

sudo chmod 777 /dev/ttyS0 fixed that at least for now.

Trying again produced : "An error has occurred failed to read header 0"

Any thoughts?

Steve
--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G