[chirp_users] Can't program Alinco DR-135 mkIII / Argent T2-135

Don Mascarella
Tue Jun 12 10:32:41 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am having difficulty using CHIRP with my Alinco DR-135 mkIII.  I have the computer connected via a USB-to-Serial adapter / Serial straight through cable / this plugs into the DB9 serial connector in the back of the radio.  I have the Argent T2-135 installed inside of the Alinco.  My settings are:  4800 / 8 / 1 / None

I have manually programmed 3 memory channels into the Alinco.  When I try to connect with CHIRP, I get the following error message:  "An error has occurred need more than 1 value to unpack"

Am I doing something wrong?  I have successfully used CHIRP with my Yaesu FT-897D and my Kenwood TM-D710a with no problems.

-Don Mascarella KA9RXK - Schaumburg, IL