[chirp_users] Problem Uploading on FT-897D

Tom Wilson
Thu Jun 7 14:42:44 PDT 2012

That USB cable still has a serial adapter inside, probably a Prolific. You
just don't see it.

Personally, I have had nothing but trouble with the Prolific adapters -
including the ones built in to my ICom cable, my GPS receiver, and the USB
Serial adapter I used for rig control for my TS-2000. I ended up ditching
all the Prolific stuff and going with FTDI or internal RS-232 ports where
possible.

My GPS? A $30 paperweight.
---
Tom Wilson