[chirp_users] Cannot download from Wouxun UV-3D

Bob Nielsen
Wed Jun 6 11:55:39 PDT 2012

I recently purchased a Wouxun UV-3D plus the programming cable and installed Chirp on my Mac Mini running OS X 10.7.4.  I also installed the Python runtime package mentioned in the wiki.

I needed to install a Prolific USB driver before /dev/cu.usbserial appeared as a port choice.

I have a couple of manual entries stored so I figured that the program would download them but when I click "OK" a window labeled "Clone" appears.  After several seconds I get a window saying the radio is not responding.

Is there a step I missed?

73, Bob N7XY
_____
N7XY DX Cluster Node - telnet to n7xy.net, port 7300