[chirp_users] Exporting D72 memories never finishes

Tom Hayward
Mon Jun 4 09:47:17 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Sander Pool <sander_pool at pobox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did some editing of my D72 memory, unplugged the radio and attempted
> to export the stations to csv so I can re-import into my D710. The
> problem is that the 'Preparing memory list' phase never ends. This is on
> an i7 based laptop so it shouldn't be a performance issue. I have
> perhaps 100 of the 1000 memories set, spread over the 10 banks.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 73,
>
>     Sander W1SOP

Hi Sander,

Sorry no one has replied yet.

The only solution that comes to mind is not unplugging the D72 before
exporting, if this is indeed what you did. Try this:

1. Plug in D72 USB
2. Launch Chirp
3. Download from D72
4. Export to CSV

The D72 sends data at only 9600 bps, so the export may take a while
(the D710 will do 57600 bps). After exporting once, I prefer to manage
memories via the csv file, so I don't have to endure another download
from the D72.

Tom KD7LXL