[chirp_users] Mass update of D710

Dan Smith
Sun Jul 1 13:28:16 PDT 2012

> I first tried to paste over the existing data and it asked me 'do you
> want to overwrite' for each entry. That wasn't really workable so I
> first deleted everything. Does that sound like what I should have seen?
> Sorry for not including that part originally. I forgot till you wrote this.

Ah, good call. Another bug report for that, please, and I'll fix it. I
guess I never noticed that because I do mass updates with import.
However, that's definitely unintentional behavior.

> Yes, it would be great to have a non-live mode ala what MCP-2A does. I
> would like to be able to write a file to the radio without first having
> to read/clear all existing entries. I see the benefits of being able to
> change a few entries without writing all of them.

I'm not offering to add a full or completely separate non-live mode
(that's what editing a CSV file is), but I will offer to add a way to do
a one-way push of that into a radio. If you'll open a request for that
as well, I'll start thinking on it.

Thanks!