[chirp_users] FT-817ND Writing problem

Dan Smith
Sun Jan 22 16:56:40 PST 2012

> Though my 817ND seemed to be reset by attempting to write a memory
> file to it, I was able to recover the frequencies by using FT-817
> Commander. The old frequencies were still in the 817 but had to be
> turned on!!?? I did a fresh install of the 817 Commander on another
> computer and it showed they were "in there" but I had to activate
> them and rewrite the memory using the 817 Commander.

Yep, that's because (a) the clone didn't seem to finish and the radio
will reset itself to recover and (b) Yaesu's definition of "reset" is
"mark the memories as unused".

> Anybody else have any problems with writing to an 817ND with chirp?

I've programmed my non-ND 817 over ten times since Marco wrote the code.
The code for the ND version differs by precisely two digits in a block
number. What platform are you on and what kind of cable setup are you using?