[chirp_users] FT-817ND Howto?

Dan Smith
Sun Jan 22 12:07:49 PST 2012

> Can anyone direct me to the howto for the 817? I tried putting my ND in
> clone mode as the source and clicked on chirp to read from but get a com
> error. I tried a rate of 38400 and 4800 on the ND with error indications
> from chirp.

You need to put the radio into clone mode, then go to Radio->Download,
choose Yaesu, FT-817ND, and then hit okay. Once CHIRP is waiting, then
hit the A key on the radio to start the transfer. I believe if you do
this sequence properly, it should work. I didn't write the driver, but
I've had no problems with it downloading.