[chirp_users] ICOM 92AD

Dan Smith
Sun Feb 26 14:54:32 PST 2012

> I understand that the GPS has to be turned off to use Chirp. However I
> can not figure out if it is on or off or how to turn it off.
> Anyone here have the ICOM 92AD? I have looked through the User Manual
> and it does not say anything about turning the GPS on or off.

Hmm, I'm not sure that you do, actually. However, if you switch to an
FM-only channel in single band mode, that implies that it's off.
However, you can go in and change "GPS TX MODE" to off and that will do
it also.

Make sure you're using the latest daily build of chirp. There have been
a lot of fixes for that radio since 0.1.12.