[chirp_users] Howto install daily builds?

Dan Smith
Thu Feb 23 08:09:10 PST 2012

> Yes there is no problem downloading it or installing the release, what I
> wanted to know is how to install the daily builds after downloading

Eh? You have no problem installing but want to know how to install? I'm
confused :)

The daily builds are complete. Just extract the tar.gz, which will
create a versioned directory as a result. Go in there and run chirpw
manually, or do the normal install process as you would with any release.

I would recommend not installing the daily builds into your system, just
because python's distutils doesn't make it easy to uninstall things, and
since the daily builds could change so much day to day.

It's pretty easy to just run chirpw from within the daily directory that
the tarball extraction creates.