[chirp_users] Chirp not identifying Kenwood TM-V71

Dale Mosby
Fri Feb 10 13:53:23 PST 2012

Well thank you for the assistance in debugging. The V71A, remote install
kit,
and programming cable were all purchased at the same time from Ham Radio
Outlet (HRO) in the Portland, Oregon area.

I made the incorrect assumption that this bundle of parts were all going to
work together. It now seems that HRO sold me the incorrect cable. They
confirmed
this in my phone call with them just now.

Sorry about starting out by blaming the software rather than the hardware.
:-)

I will give another try with the correct cable and I suspect see better
results.

Thanks & 73, Dale, K7FW