[chirp_users] Bank support

Dan Smith
Fri Feb 10 08:28:03 PST 2012

> Silly question: should dual band radios, like the Kenwood TM-V7, which
> treat the UHF and VHF sides as logically distinct constructs, be mapped
> into a bank structure (e.g. bank VHF and bank UHF)?

Hmm, well, I don't think that it would make sense to do that from a UI
perspective, partially because of the way that CHIRP is designed today.

It's an interesting thought. If you'd like to propose something or
discuss the nuts and bolts of that further, feel free to bring it up on
the chirp_devel list.