[chirp_users] An early Christmas present for CHIRP users

GaryErrol
Tue Dec 25 17:38:22 PST 2012

I down loaded UNetbootin and installed on a micro SD card in an USB adapter. When I ran the program it asks me to Select Distribution and than gives me a list. Which one should I choose? My operating system is XP.

GaryErrol

-------Original Message-------
From: Jim Unroe [rock.unroe at gmail.com]
Date: Tue, Dec 25, 2012
To: Discussion of CHIRP [chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com]
Reply To: Discussion of CHIRP [chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com]
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] An early Christmas present for CHIRP users

My favorite for burning CD images in Windows is ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/). It is very reliable and free. Another thing you can do is 'burn' the image to a USB flash drive using UNetbootin (http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/). That's what I did.
Jim KC9HI

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:
> I downloaded the file to my Windows desktop, then sent it to a CD. Both
> of my computers are set to boot CD then HD, but Windows still starts
> up.  I've done something wrong.

It's an image of a CD, which means you need to burn it to the CD as an
image, not just as a file on the CD. I'm sure googling "burn image to cd
in windows" will turn up something useful. I imagine Windows 7 has a way
to do this built-in. Both Linux and MacOS have had this point-and-click
behavior integrated for years, without add-on software.