[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Ken G
Fri Dec 21 03:06:04 PST 2012

Aha! I wasn't aware of the previous discussion and I thought there must have
been some psychic powers at work here. ;)

Ken G

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Alan Kline
Sent: Friday, 21 December 2012 9:24 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build

There had been some discussion of the subject on the UV-5R Yahoo list.
Older versions of the UV-5R firmware only allowed a maximum of 5 seconds for
the backlight, newer versions have raised it to 10. My radio was set for 10
seconds, as it's one of the newer firmware versions.

I wouldn't call it "immediate"...it took a few minutes of cogitating...

Alan