[chirp_users] FT817ND/M601-M605

Charles Via
Fri Aug 17 06:00:29 PDT 2012

Dick,
I had the same problem until I realized that there are two possible selections in chirp for the FT-857.  The first one was "FT-857D".  It did not work.  The second was "FT-857D  US" and that one did work.  See if there are the same options for the FT-817 (generic and US model).
Tim  WB4SVL

--- On Fri, 8/17/12, Richard Hanna <k3vyy at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Richard Hanna <k3vyy at yahoo.com>
Subject: [chirp_users] FT817ND/M601-M605
To: "chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Date: Friday, August 17, 2012, 8:35 AM

When I download the 817ND using CHIRP (latest published download), I am not seeing the M601-605 channels even with "Special Channels" checked. I do see all the VFO's etc. The 817ND is new, bought at Dayton, but just got the data cable, and CHIRP is working fine with my Wouxan UVD1P.
Any ideas? or did Yaesu just do a better job of "hiding" the channels?
Dick Hanna, K3VYY

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----