[chirp_users] MARS Mod VX-5 Clone Error

Tom Hayward
Tue Aug 14 09:56:44 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Michael Walker <va3mw at portcredit.net> wrote:
> I most cloning processes, you'll have to read from the radio first to get
> the 'profile' of the radio, then import the frequencies from a previous
> file.

This is true. Make sure you aren't uploading the old img.

With the VX5, I get "Clone Error" often both before and after applying
the soft mod with Eve. This was with a laptop and usb-serial
converter. I switched to a desktop that has a real serial port and the
problems decreased significantly. The Yaesus are really picky about
timing.

Tom KD7LXL