[chirp_users] CHIRP Portable App

Dan Smith
Mon Aug 13 16:12:13 PDT 2012

> I imagine it's more likely he meant a self-contained package meant to
> run on a usb stick ala http://portableapps.com/

Perhaps. I get a lot of queries about running it (and other things) on
tablets, so I assumed that's was the intent. I surely didn't mean to
come off as ranting against Robert himself :)

> Which Chirp already basically is....

Yeah, CHIRP is highly portable right now. Both in that it runs on all
three desktop platforms, but also in that it runs without needing to be
installed. If you're a windows user, grab the .zip instead of the .exe
and you can run it right from its own directory, on a USB stick or
anywhere else.