[chirp_users] Windoze 2k and CHIRP 0.2.2

Dan Smith
Sat Apr 14 07:08:48 PDT 2012

> Hoping for some help running CHIRP on a W2k machine. Used the CHIRP
> installer package to install. Ran without changes. Now, whenever I
> attempt to load and run CHIRP, the load halts and directs me to the
> "chirpw.exe" notepad file with these contents:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last): File "chirpw", line 25, in
> <module> File "gtk\__init__.pyo", line 40, in <module> File
> "gtk\_gtk.pyo", line 12, in <module> File "gtk\_gtk.pyo", line 10, in
> __load ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could
> not be found.

Hmm, looks like a recent version of GTK broke compatibility with Windows
2000. That's unfortunate, there is not much I can do about it, other
than to restrict the feature and function I can support for newer
systems to maintain compatibility.

What radio are you trying to use? If it's supported in an older version
of CHIRP, then that may work it moved to the newer GTK shortly before 0.2.0.