[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Dan Smith
Thu Apr 5 16:56:10 PDT 2012

Hi all,

> [Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Add initial support for the Baofeng UV-5R

I just wanted to point out that support for the Baofeng UV-5R comes to
you courtesy the Wouxun.us guys. They graciously donated a radio because
they wanted to see it supported in chirp. If you're a customer of theirs
(heck, even if you're not), be sure to drop them a line and thank them
for helping out. If you're thinking of buying a UV-5R, definitely buy it
from them and be sure to communicate that you're a chirp user. I'm sure
that if they know chirp support is helping them sell radios that they
will continue to support the cause.

I know that the UV-3R is tremendously popular with chirp users, and the
UV-5R has been (hands down) the most requested radio to date -- even
though it has only been available for a few weeks!