[chirp_users] New Install with OSX Lion

Craig Ludwig
Mon Oct 31 14:28:17 PDT 2011

I have installed the KK7DS_Python_Runtime_R5, Chirp 0.1.12, KawaMall USBSerial cable with Prolific PL2303 drivers, and am trying to program a Yaesu FT8800R.

When I can verify that that my usbserial devices in connected through system profiler. When I connect the radio and open Chirp I select the usbserial device and start a download. The radio immediately quits with an error and Chirp reports 'An error occurred' 'ord() expected a character, but string of length 0 found'.

How can I start to debug this error?