[chirp_users] New Install with OSX Lion

Dan Smith
Sat Nov 5 08:15:30 PDT 2011

> ok, it must be a bad cable. I received a new kawamall cable for my
> vx7r and it works just fine downloading from the radio. I will now
> order a new cable for the 8800 and go from there!

I hate to say "glad to hear it" but at least you know what the problem
seems to be.

Did you test with a terminal program just to rule out anything specific
to the 8800 before you order another? I'm sure some Mac people here can
offer some suggestions of quick and easy terminal programs.

> Thanks for your work on this! Now i can stop running windows on my
> mac. That was the last bit of software i needed to have available on
> my mac.

Always a noble goal! :)