[chirp_users] Add RepeaterBook direct query support

Dan dan.my.studio at gmail.com
Tue May 24 10:38:31 PDT 2011


I tried it hear in oregon and got like 300 repeaters.
It worked good for me.


On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:17 AM, <chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com
> wrote:

> Send chirp_users mailing list submissions to
>        chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        chirp_users-owner at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of chirp_users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. New Daily Build (Dan Smith)
>   2. Re: New Daily Build (Alvin Koffman)
>   3. Re: New Daily Build (Dan Smith)
>   4. Re: New Daily Build (Amateur Radio WB8NUT)
>   5. Re: New Daily Build (Dan Smith)
>   6. Re: New Daily Build (Mathew Mrosko)
>   7. Re: New Daily Build (Robert Terzi)
>   8. Re: New Daily Build (Robert Terzi)
>   9. Re: New Daily Build (Dan Smith)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 04:01:23 -0700
> From: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
> Subject: [chirp_users] New Daily Build
> To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> Message-ID: <4ddb9003.2q4O2mbde7pBG5kT%dsmith at danplanet.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> Greetings,
>
> A new daily build of CHIRP is available.  This includes changes made
> directly to the tree yesterday, and may include additional features,
> bug fixes, and/or bugs.  If you are interested in trying it, grab it
> from the following location:
>
>  http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-05242011/
>
> A list of the changes included in this build (since the last daily)
> follows:
>
> changeset:   1010:9651b63f4521
> tag:         tip
> user:        Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
> date:        Mon May 23 15:55:08 2011 -0700
> files:       chirpui/mainapp.py
> description:
> Add RepeaterBook direct query support
>
>
> changeset:   1009:a6989eb35529
> user:        Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
> date:        Mon May 23 12:15:59 2011 -0700
> files:       chirp/directory.py chirp/wouxun.py tests/images/kguvd1p.img
> description:
> Add Puxing PX-177 support and fix up Wouxun support
>
> NB: This causes the wouxun driver to create differently-arranged
> images, but attempts to open both and convert the old style to
> the new style.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 07:58:26 -0400
> From: Alvin Koffman <ka9qlq at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <BANLkTikdN_pN=9YotdieHvvWA1fY3CT_UQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> *Thanks Dan for all your time and effort.
> **Alvin Koffman
> *
>
> *If you like computer viruses stay with windows but If you want to be virus
> free try.*
>
> *http://www.puppylinux.com/* <http://www.puppylinux.com/>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 7:01 AM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > A new daily build of CHIRP is available.  This includes changes made
> > directly to the tree yesterday, and may include additional features,
> > bug fixes, and/or bugs.  If you are interested in trying it, grab it
> > from the following location:
> >
> >  http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-05242011/
> >
> > A list of the changes included in this build (since the last daily)
> > follows:
> >
> > changeset:   1010:9651b63f4521
> > tag:         tip
> > user:        Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
> > date:        Mon May 23 15:55:08 2011 -0700
> > files:       chirpui/mainapp.py
> > description:
> > Add RepeaterBook direct query support
> >
> >
> > changeset:   1009:a6989eb35529
> > user:        Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
> > date:        Mon May 23 12:15:59 2011 -0700
> > files:       chirp/directory.py chirp/wouxun.py tests/images/kguvd1p.img
> > description:
> > Add Puxing PX-177 support and fix up Wouxun support
> >
> > NB: This causes the wouxun driver to create differently-arranged
> > images, but attempts to open both and convert the old style to
> > the new style.
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > chirp_users mailing list
> > chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> > http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20110524/6c42745d/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 06:40:53 -0700
> From: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <4DDBB565.9020309 at danplanet.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hi All,
>
> > changeset:   1010:9651b63f4521
> > tag:         tip
> > user:        Dan Smith<dsmith at danplanet.com>
> > date:        Mon May 23 15:55:08 2011 -0700
> > files:       chirpui/mainapp.py
> > description:
> > Add RepeaterBook direct query support
>
> I'd definitely like some feedback on this.  With your radio image (or a
> blank CSV file) open, go to Radio -> Import from RepeaterBook.  Simply
> select your state and you'll be presented with a list of every known (to
> that database) repeater in your state, ready for importing.  There is
> still a bug in this if you try to import more than 1000 memories, but
> I'll get that fixed up.  Otherwise, a pretty neat feature.  Let me know
> if it works for you.  Note, that this database is pretty US-centric.
>
> > changeset:   1009:a6989eb35529
> > user:        Dan Smith<dsmith at danplanet.com>
> > date:        Mon May 23 12:15:59 2011 -0700
> > files:       chirp/directory.py chirp/wouxun.py tests/images/kguvd1p.img
> > description:
> > Add Puxing PX-177 support and fix up Wouxun support
>
> Oops, this is actually "Puxing-777" support.  If anyone has this radio,
> I'd appreciate some testing on it.  Also, it would be good if some
> Wouxun owners could do some testing, as this change altered that driver
> just a bit.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Dan Smith
> www.danplanet.com
> KK7DS
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:01:42 -0400
> From: Amateur Radio WB8NUT <duffy at wb8nut.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <4DDBBA46.8000605 at wb8nut.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> I tried it this morning when trying to program the crappy little Wouxon
> radio. I selected Ohio and it only found about 10 repeaters...believe it
> or not, most of the repeaters it found were 900 Mhz. I'll try it again,
> sounds like a great idea, but not getting many repeaters so far.
>
> BTW, program really is looking great.
>
> Duffy
> www.wb8nut.com
>
> On 5/24/11 9:40 AM, Dan Smith wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >> changeset:   1010:9651b63f4521
> >> tag:         tip
> >> user:        Dan Smith<dsmith at danplanet.com>
> >> date:        Mon May 23 15:55:08 2011 -0700
> >> files:       chirpui/mainapp.py
> >> description:
> >> Add RepeaterBook direct query support
> > I'd definitely like some feedback on this.  With your radio image (or a
> > blank CSV file) open, go to Radio ->  Import from RepeaterBook.  Simply
> > select your state and you'll be presented with a list of every known (to
> > that database) repeater in your state, ready for importing.  There is
> > still a bug in this if you try to import more than 1000 memories, but
> > I'll get that fixed up.  Otherwise, a pretty neat feature.  Let me know
> > if it works for you.  Note, that this database is pretty US-centric.
> >
> >> changeset:   1009:a6989eb35529
> >> user:        Dan Smith<dsmith at danplanet.com>
> >> date:        Mon May 23 12:15:59 2011 -0700
> >> files:       chirp/directory.py chirp/wouxun.py tests/images/kguvd1p.img
> >> description:
> >> Add Puxing PX-177 support and fix up Wouxun support
> > Oops, this is actually "Puxing-777" support.  If anyone has this radio,
> > I'd appreciate some testing on it.  Also, it would be good if some
> > Wouxun owners could do some testing, as this change altered that driver
> > just a bit.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 07:26:30 -0700
> From: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <4DDBC016.30403 at danplanet.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hi Duffy,
>
> > I tried it this morning when trying to program the crappy little Wouxon
> > radio. I selected Ohio and it only found about 10 repeaters...believe it
> > or not, most of the repeaters it found were 900 Mhz. I'll try it again,
> > sounds like a great idea, but not getting many repeaters so far.
>
> Yeah, I think that it's even more focused on the northwest US, so that's
> probably to be expected.  However, the good news is that the database is
> made up of user submissions.  You could do all your fellow Ohioans a
> favor by helping to submit any repeaters you know of and encouraging
> others to do the same.
>
> > BTW, program really is looking great.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Dan Smith
> www.danplanet.com
> KK7DS
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 06:49:11 -0800
> From: Mathew Mrosko <chirp at matmrosko.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build
> To: <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <b4b224baff9a0b02c4cb91a69b09ff7a at matmrosko.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
>
> >> changeset:   1010:9651b63f4521
> >> tag:         tip
> >> user:        Dan Smith<dsmith at danplanet.com>
> >> date:        Mon May 23 15:55:08 2011 -0700
> >> files:       chirpui/mainapp.py
> >> description:
> >> Add RepeaterBook direct query support
> >
> > I'd definitely like some feedback on this.  With your radio image (or
> > a
> > blank CSV file) open, go to Radio -> Import from RepeaterBook.
> > Simply
> > select your state and you'll be presented with a list of every known
> > (to
> > that database) repeater in your state, ready for importing.  There is
> > still a bug in this if you try to import more than 1000 memories, but
> > I'll get that fixed up.  Otherwise, a pretty neat feature.  Let me
> > know
> > if it works for you.  Note, that this database is pretty US-centric.
>
>  FYI, I just ran the import for California and got 0 results.
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:09:31 -0400
> From: Robert Terzi <rct at r-t.org>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <4DDBCA2B.6020504 at r-t.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
>
> > Yeah, I think that it's even more focused on the northwest US, so that's
> > probably to be expected.  However, the good news is that the database is
> > made up of user submissions.  You could do all your fellow Ohioans a
> > favor by helping to submit any repeaters you know of and encouraging
> > others to do the same.
>
> The coverage for the Nww York, New Jersey, Connnecticut area is pretty
> good.  Sure there is some out of date info, but in general I found
> it to be much more useful than any other on-line source I found.
>
> I believe a lot of the data original came from repeater coordination
> bodies and there was some issue getting data for the Ohio area.
> You'll notice that repeaters are tagged with the coordinator.
> (For New York, most are coordinated by Metrocor.)
>
> In any case, I'll emphasize what Dan said, if you take the time to
> submit any updates you'll help others in your area.
>
> --Rob
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:14:24 -0400
> From: Robert Terzi <rct at r-t.org>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <4DDBCB50.70607 at r-t.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
>
> >   FYI, I just ran the import for California and got 0 results.
>
> Unlike Ohio, where there were only two repeaters listed for 2 meters,
> there are 640 - 2m / 900 - 70cm repeaters listed for California,
> so it's not a data problem.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 08:17:51 -0700
> From: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <4DDBCC1F.8030206 at danplanet.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> >   FYI, I just ran the import for California and got 0 results.
>
> Yep, that's a bug and will be for any state with a single-digit FIPS
> code... until tomorrow :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Dan Smith
> www.danplanet.com
> KK7DS
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
>
>
> End of chirp_users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 30
> *******************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20110524/334cfb17/attachment-0002.html 


More information about the chirp_users mailing list