[chirp_users] Transfer of data from one model to a different model

Dan Smith
Sun May 8 07:47:49 PDT 2011

Hi,
> I have no difficulty downloading a file from a radio, editing the file,
> then uploading to the same model. I need help in uploading to a
> different model of radio. Thank you

You cannot upload from one model to another directly.  You have to go
through an import process first.

If you have downloaded your first radio, save it to an image file.
Then, download your second radio and go to the import menu item and
choose the image of your first radio.  That will present you with a
dialog box, allowing you to choose which (or all) of the memories from
the first radio that you want to be imported into the second.  Once
you're done with that, upload the modified image back to the second radio.