[chirp_users] vx-6 name strangeness

Dan Smith
Sun May 8 07:45:27 PDT 2011

> Before and after images.  I changed #89, from "SSFPD" to "PPQQ", on
> the radio, after downloading the after file to it, on memory 89, it
> shows the frequency, not the name.  Oddly, when I changed it from freq
> to name this time, I got "sfpd" for memory 89.

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand the above and I don't think it's quite
what I needed in order to find the bit.  However, looking at the VX3
code and a couple of other images I think I've got it.  Please try
tomorrow's daily build and let me know.

I converted the VX6 driver to the new format as well, so be on the
lookout for any other collateral damage.

Thanks!