[chirp_users] Chirp IndexError

Dan Smith
Wed May 4 17:05:05 PDT 2011

> Well, I get characters echoed, but no output from the radio in TX
> mode. I'll have to dig out another machine to see if this is a driver
> issue or cable issue. Thanks for the help!

Okay, well, if you're getting characters echoed, that should mean that
the USB bit (and drivers) are working, as well as the USB-to-serial chip
inside that hood.  The TX and RX lines on the RS232 side are tied
together, which makes it echo.  So, that should eliminate everything up
until the bit of cable that runs to the connector and the radio.  I'd
say it's clear that it's something in one of those pieces.

Hopefully you can get that resolved, and I look forward to hearing about
it :)