[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.11b7

Jan L. Peterson
Tue Mar 22 14:55:04 PDT 2011

> Just to be sure, you are using 0.1.11b7, right?  I think this was fixed
> already for the F6A in a previous beta.

Yes, I definitely have 0.1.11b7.

> Did you do a from-source install previously and maybe now are running
> directly from the source tarball?  That could be part of the problem.
> I'd either do an install of this one to overwrite the old one, or clean
> out the files installed in the rest of the system so you know that
> you're running the current version.

I had not previously installed it, and was running from the source directory.  I'll try doing an install...

Okay, ran through the install process, not running it from the tarball directory.  Still not showing the channel names. :-(

>> 2.  when trying to set a new (previously empty) memory, entering a new value for the frequency results in this message:
>
> This might be related to the above as well.  Are you able to make
> changes to existing memory channels?

No, I'm getting the same errors when trying to modify an existing channel as when trying to configure an empty channel slot.  I'll grab the whole debug log so you can see what's going on....  I looked through it, though, and unless the protocol is just wrong, I don't see what would be causing the problem.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6647867/chirpw.log

	-jan-
--
Jan L. Peterson (KD7ZWV)