[chirp_users] Dumb 8900 queary

Mike Heitmann
Tue Jun 7 06:53:33 PDT 2011

From: Alvin Koffman <ka9qlq at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Dumb 8900 queary
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2011, 4:06 AM

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> /dev/ttyUSB0  /dev/ttyUSB1

> That's the 2 Ext HD partitions.

No, those are USB-to-serial adapters.

> I'll see if I can get someone to check (wiggle) the plugs

They're clearly connected and identified by the OS.  Have you tried

CHIRP against both of them?

Yup just did got an error on both
> (I have 5% use of 1 hand)

For what it's worth, all of the Icom radios are fully remotely
Ya wish I had a 706mkiig buuuut,
Hay thanks for all the emails. I'll try plugging it in the front usb jack tomorrow.
Alvin

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----