[chirp_users] Dumb 8900 queary

Dan Smith
Mon Jun 6 19:28:06 PDT 2011

> /dev/ttyUSB0  /dev/ttyUSB1
> That's the 2 Ext HD partitions.

No, those are USB-to-serial adapters.

> I'll see if I can get someone to check (wiggle) the plugs

They're clearly connected and identified by the OS.  Have you tried
CHIRP against both of them?

> (I have 5% use of 1 hand)

For what it's worth, all of the Icom radios are fully remotely
addressable.  That means you plug in the radio and CHIRP does the rest.
  It can place the radio into clone mode in both directions and handle
multiple clone upload/download operations without you ever touching the
radio.  They don't make something to compete with the 8900, but I just
thought I'd point that out.