[chirp_users] Dumb 8900 queary

Dan Smith
Mon Jun 6 13:04:32 PDT 2011

> I have a usb mouse, printer, ext. HD split in to 2 partitions (usb0 &
> usb1) a usb controled relay box, and the 8900 cable........did I forget
> something??????

Most of that won't show up as a USB serial device.  I'm still looking
for you to say what kind of cable and adapter you're using.  Perhaps
you're using something that has a USB connector on one end and the 8900
connector on the other?

If you unplug your 8900, do this:

   ls /dev/ttyUSB*

then plug it back in and run that again, you should be able to see which
device pops up when you plugged in your cable.  That is the one you
should use.

The other one is probably your relay box.  Note that the devices are
assigned in order.  So, if you plug them in in a different order
tomorrow, you'll need to change what you tell chirp to use.