[chirp_users] Strange

Dan Smith
Tue Jul 12 09:04:06 PDT 2011

Hi Alvin,

> I have successfully imported the memories and exported the moved around
> ones back, but the hyper memories are gone (where do you change them in
> Chirp?) and only the left side seems to have the memories the right side
> only channel 1 and the local 2M repeater is in the VFO.

As Rick pointed out, your Hyper memories should be in the image you
downloaded and should not change or be erased when you upload or
download the image from the radio.

They're also not supported in CHIRP (yet) since they're very Yaesu-specific.

Regarding your other issue, the 8800 is one of those radios that stores
memories differently for the left and right side of the radio (a major
pet peeve of mine). When you open an image of it, there should be two
tabs that come up, a left and a right tab. When you import something
into the radio, if you want to have them on both sides, you need to do
the import twice. Once with the left tab selected and once with the
right tab selected.

Does that make sense?