[chirp_users] Chirp Data transfer

Ken Simpson, W8EK
Tue Jul 5 04:17:28 PDT 2011

DUH!!!!!

I am a dummy!

Of course I was using the speaker mic connection on the side.  That is
all that I have ever used, and it has a 4 conductor plug to use, so
that is what I used.

Actually, I just checked the manual, and it says to use the speaker
mic connection.  So why would any one use a connection on top that is
different?  Obviously, I did not!  In reality, I did not even realize
there was a connector on the top.  The rubber cover looks just like
the rest of the top, and it is not that visible.

In any case, all is well now, and I have learned a lot.  I have used
it with the "real serial cable" and will try the USB cable shortly.

FWIW, it might be good to have a note with the VX-3 info that the
"cloning port" on the top needs to be used.

I really appreciate everyone's help, especially since it was such a
dumb mistake on my part.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK