[chirp_users] Chirp Data transfer

Ken Simpson, W8EK
Mon Jul 4 09:32:04 PDT 2011

I am at a loss to figure why it will not work!

I tried installing CHIRP on my laptop, under Win XP, SP3.  It
installed fine.  I do not have a "real serial port" on the laptop, so
have no choice but to use the USB cable.  I installed it, and it
appeared on COM 5.  So far, so good.

I tried downloading from the VX-3 to CHIRP, and have the same problems
that I had on my main computer.  The VX-3 says it is sending data, but
eventually times out and displays "error".  The CHIRP program gets
nothing.  This is exactly the same as I got before.

I thought maybe it did not like the CHIRP 0.1.11 I downloaded, so I
downloaded ver 0.1.10 and used the VX-7 setting (just to see if I
could get any data to transfer -- I know it won't be right).  Still
nothing.

At this point, I have done the following:
used 2 different computers
used 2 different cables (real serial, and USB)
used two different VX-3 HTs
Installed CHIRP 0.1.10 and used VX-7 settings
gotten frustrated!

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

73,