[chirp_users] Chirp Data transfer

Richard Farina
Sun Jul 3 19:33:38 PDT 2011

On 07/03/11 21:07, Ken Simpson, W8EK wrote:
> What you describe is the way I am doing it.
>
> Yes, I have plugged and unplugged the cable several times.  Same
> result.  I am sure it is in all the way.
>
> I am using ver 0.1.11
>
> By the way, I am using Win XP with SP3.
>
> Since I wrote this, I also got an older serial cable (as in 9 pin D
> connector and not usb) that I had for a VX-5, and tried it.  Same
> result (although it is on Com 1).
If I had to guess, and I do, this may be a windows issue.  Perhaps there
is a conflicting library or something? It certainly sounds to me like
you are doing it right.

The only other thing I can think of, since I can't find you in the fcc
database, are your radio models US version or something else?  If you
have the European models of the radios it may not work (but can pretty
easily be modified with your help).

Thoughts?
Rick