[chirp_users] Transfer of data from VX7 to W32a

Dan Smith
Sun Jul 3 09:51:44 PDT 2011

> I am confused. I have no problem downloading from a radio, editing, then
> uploading the data to the same radio. I'm lost when I download from one
> model then try to upload to another model. Some help is needed. Thank you

The confusion comes from the fact that both of your radios are "image
based". That means that when you download from your VX7 you've got an
image of the entire radio's internal memory format. Obviously uploading
that into the VX7 would be a problem.

So, what you need to do is a conversion step. My preferred way to do it
is this:

0. Assuming VX7 -> W32
1. Download from the VX7, save to myvx7.img
2. Download from the W32, save to myw32.img
3. With the W32 image open, do an import and choose the myvx7.img file
4. An import box will open, allowing you to select which of the vx7's
    memories you want to import

Note that in step 3, you'll need to have either the VHF or UHF band  tab
selected of the W32 that you want to import into. In order to import
both from the vx7's combined image, do two imports, once into the VHF
and once into the UHF.

Make sense? Let us know how you make out!